Parent Governor Vacancy
- Location: Barnes Wallis Academy
Are you interested in Education and want to make a difference to the success of the next generation
of young people?
YES? Then become an Academy Governor. We are looking for a Parent Governor to join our Academy
Scrutiny Committee at Barnes Wallis Academy.
The Academy Scrutiny Committee has three key functions:
• Understanding and promoting the Trust’s and the Academy’s vision and ethos
• Scrutiny and Challenge of achievement of targets, school improvement and pupil outcomes,
escalation of any concerns to the Trustees via the Executive; and
• Supporting and facilitating parental and community engagement
No special qualifications are needed, and the most important thing is to have a keen interest in the
Academy and be prepared to play an active part in the Academy Scrutiny Committee’s work. Training
is provided by the Trust. We meet six times a year to share successes and work on improving the
Academy. We attend events and support the Senior Leadership Team in community engagement and
work with the Principal to ensure every child is supported and feels safe.
- How to Apply: If you would be interested in joining our team, please contact the Academy to request a nomination
form and further guidance on how to apply.
- Eligibility Policy