The broad and balanced curriculum for year 7 has been designed to challenge the pupils to make rapid progress whilst they develop a love of learning and gain extensive knowledge. We aim to provide a wide range of practical, academic, social and personal skills in addition to developing resilience. In order to support this pupils are set by ability in core subjects at the start of the academic year according to their Key Stage 2 data. Groups are reviewed regularly to ensure the pupils are correctly placed to feel comfortable yet challenged. The curriculum is aimed at supporting all abilities and varying starting points.
Our curriculum has an emphasis on motivating pupils, raising aspirations and setting high expectations, as well as developing team spirit among pupils to value each other’s contribution and to develop in the Academy.
- English (Language, literature and Mastery)
- Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
- Information Technology
- Design and Technology
- Food Preparation and Nutrition
- Religious Studies
- Physical Education
All pupils must study
- English (Language and Literature)
- Science (Combined)
They then opt from the following four of the following
- GCSE Geography
- GCSE History
- GCSE French
- GCSE Music
- GCSE Art
- GCSE Design and Technology
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition
- GCSE Religious Studies
- GCSE Triple Science
- BTEC Childs Play Learning and Development
- BTEC Sport
- BTEC Performing Arts
- NCFE Interactive Media
- NCFE Business and Enterprise
If you require further information regarding the curriculum at Barnes Wallis Academy please contact the school.
At Barnes Wallis Academy we are dedicated to promoting values that ensure that our students develop a strong sense of social and moral responsibility.
We prepare the students for life in Modern Britain because values such as individual liberty, democracy, the law, mutual respect and tolerance are embedded within the curriculum and the Academy ethos. In addition these values are promoted at various times throughout the school year, and regularly in assemblies. Our Academy embodies a democratic model in the way we work, the way we are structured and our general ethos and culture in the Academy. Additionally our rules and regulations are there for the benefit of everyone, and our Academy takes a holistic approach to teaching British Values rather than concentrating on individual subjects.
- Barnes Wallis Art Curriculum Plan
- Barnes Wallis British Values
- Barnes Wallis BTEC Perfroming Arts Curriculum Plan
- Barnes Wallis Business and Enterprise Curriculum Plan
- Barnes Wallis Core Design and Technology Curriculum Plan
- Barnes Wallis English Curriculum Plan
- Barnes Wallis French Curriculum Plan
- Barnes Wallis Humanities Curriculum Plan
- Barnes Wallis Maths Curriculum Plan
- Barnes Wallis Music Curriculum Plan
- Barnes Wallis Science Curriculum Plan